Thursday 3 April 2014

Finding my way

Ok, here's the deal. I decided to take a break from this blog, while I enjoyed writing about life barefoot in Sheffield I just felt there was room for more.
I love trail running and barefoot shoes, but...... I love the outdoors even more. Anything, running, hiking, camping and especially cycling it doesn't matter.
The thing that hooked me on barefoot shoes in the first place was the connection with the world under your feet. Barefoot shoes remove that insulating layer, that numbing feeling, the padding between you and the world around you. And for me that is the very reason we look for adventure in the first place? To remove the padding of everyday life and make us feel more connected with the world around us.
So with this in mind I've taken the decision to expand the scope of this blog.
Yes I'll still be covering hiking and trail running and yes I'll still be doing most of it in barefoot shoes but now I'll also be featuring and reviewing a much wider range of outdoor equipment and adventures including some cycling adventures.
I hope the blog not only continues to entertain those people who have enjoyed the blog but attracts those people for who life isn't about how quickly you complete your run but where the trail takes you and how much fun you have on the way.
Just remember, the race may be long and hard but ultimately it's only with yourself. So go out and just enjoy yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment